2016-2017 One Class at a Time Official Contest Rules
KHQA/ONE CLASS AT A TIME OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: One Class at a Time
Station: Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC dba KHQA
Station Address: 301 S 36th Street, Quincy IL 62301
Contest Area: Illinois counties: Adams, Hancock, McDonough, Schuyler, Brown, Pike and Scott; Missouri counties: Ralls, Monroe, Shelby, Marion, Lewis, Knox, Clark and Scotland; Iowa counties: Lee
Sponsors: Continental Cement, Green America Recycling and ETC Computerland
Prize Providers: Continental Cement, Green America Recycling and ETC Computerland
Age of Eligibility: Entrants must be either a teacher or school administrator currently employed at a K-12 private, charter, or public school located within the Contest Area.
Contest Period: August 22, 2016 to May 15, 2017
Entries Due: All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 19, 2016, to be considered for the August judging. For all other months (September – May), entries must be received by 5:00PM CT on the 15th of each month.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per entrant. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next Determination Date.
Submission Topic: Submit a proposal for how you would utilize the Contest Prize to benefit the school at which you teach and its students.
- (5 points) How complete/thorough is the application;
- (15 points) How much educational value/benefit would the project provide;
- (10 points) Would the project reach a large number of students;
- (10 points) Would the project be a good use of money;
- (10 points) Would this application fill a need; and
- (10 points) Would this application create a lasting impact.
Total Number of Winners: Ten (10); one (1) per month
Winner Determination Dates: August 29, 2016 and the 18th day of each month for the remainder of the Contest Period (September –May).
Prizes and Values: Each winner will receive a $1,000.00 grant to his/her school of employment at the time of entry. The grants do not need to be paid back. As a condition of winning, each winning school must arrange for the Station to present the prize during an event at the school. The checks for the grants will be made payable to the schools where the winning teachers are employed, to implement the entry proposal of the teacher. Entrant is responsible for obtaining the requisite approval for implementing the Proposal from school officials. Total value of prize is $1,000.00. Winner will also be featured on air during the Station’s news program; due to its nature, no value can be determined for the feature.
Station’s Website: http://khqa.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://khqa.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
1. To enter, log on to the Station’s Website, and click on the Contest section to access and download the Contest entry form. Complete the entry form with your name, job title, phone number, school name, class grade level, and your proposal as to how you would utilize the prize to benefit your school and its students if selected as a winner.
2. Mail the completed entry form to the Station Address C/O Jodie Pierce. Alternatively, the completed entry form can be emailed to email@example.com.
3. By entering, entrants agree that the school at which they teach, not the entrant, is eligible to win the prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
1. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel and community members based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic.
2. On the Winner Determination Dates, the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest score based on the criteria set forth above. In the event of a tie, the winner with the highest score for the criteria of “How much educational value/benefit would the project provide” will be the winner. A school may receive more than one (1) prize.
3. As a condition of winning, each winner must sign an appearance release and agree to be featured by Station during its news program.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and are currently employed as a teacher or administrator a K-12 private, charter, or public school located within the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Entrants are eligible to win only one (1) prize within any ninety (90) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.