Illinois hunters harvest over 80,000 deer in firearm season
A preliminary total number of 80,896 deer were take by hunters during this year's seven-day Illinois Firearm Deer Season that concluded on Sunday. This number is up from last year's total of 80,117.
A county-by-county examination is as follows:
- Adams County: 2,340 total. Up from 2,181 last year
- Brown County: 1,070 total. Up from 1,018 last year
- Cass County: 693 total. Up from 653 last year
- Hancock County: 1,715 total. Down from 1,818 last year
- McDonough County: 844 total. Up from 831 last year
- Morgan County: 746 total. Up from 714 last year
- Pike County: 2,053 total. Up from 1,995 last year
- Schuyler County: 1,501 total. Up from 1,313 last year
- Scott County: 329 total. Up from 315 last year.
The remaining 2018-19 deer season hunting opportunities in the weeks ahead include muzzleloader-only season this weekend (Dec 7-9), late-winter antlerless-only deer season and CWD dear season (designated counties only) on the weekends of Dec. 27-30 and Jan. 18-20, 2019, and archery deer season through Jan. 20, 2019.