MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

UPDATE: 2 children found dead in Knox County house fire

Courtesy: Echo Menges, newmonews.net

Emergency personnel in Knox County, Missouri were dispatched to a house fire in Baring, Missouri.

The deadly blaze took place at 509 Frazer Street, the home of Aaron and Rebecca Coon, around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday.

The home was fully engulfed in flamed when crews arrived on scene.

Fire investigators say Jacob Coon, 3, and Brayden Coon, 18 months, died in the fire.

Two investigators from the Missouri State Fire Marshal's Office determined the deadly blaze started in the ceiling area above the home's wood-burning stove.

Baring Assistant Fire Chief Merlin Oberholtzer says the two boys shared a bedroom.

After the fire was out, one of their bodies was discovered in the bedroom. The other was located in the living room where he was presumably trying to escape the burning home.

NEMO News' Echo Menges was live on Facebook from the scene. Watch her Facebook live video below.

Friends and community members are collecting clothing and other donations for the Coon family.

Shannon Downing from IDK Cafe in Baring told KTVO Eljay's 'Down the Hill' Bar and Grill in Edina, Missouri, is hosting a dinner and silent auction fundraiser for the Coon family.

That event is scheduled for 5 p.m. to closing on Wednesday. Donations for the family will also be accepted at the fundraiser.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending