Crews battle New London house fire where pet dies

KHQA photo

Hannibal Rural Fire Chief Mike Dobson told KHQA a New London home is a total loss after a structure fire broke out Wednesday afternoon.

The 911 call came in from a mail carrier who reported seeing flames from the home at 12666 Thornberry Road.

Home owner Steve Waters was not home at the time.

One pet died in the blaze.

Firefighters from New London and Hannibal responded to the fire.

Windy conditions made the fire tough to battle.

Chief Dobson says firefighters think a wood stove sparked the fire.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off