The Community Foundation Serving West Central Illinois & Northeast Missouri has distributed five rounds of grants totally $46,200 from its COVID-19 response fund.
The Fund was established with funds from the Community Foundation's Unrestricted Endowment Fund on March 23 in response to Illinois' shelter in place order.
Grants from the fund include:
- Bella Ease/Teen Reach (Quincy): Distribution of snack and dinner to participants of the Teen Reach program and additional families in need.
- Cheerful Home (Quincy): General support for emergency child care needs of essential workers.
- Douglass Community Services (Hannibal): Emergency food distribution, including snack and evening meal.
- The Food Bank of Central & Northeast Missouri: Emergency food distribution to food pantries in Clark, Lewis, Marion, Monroe, Ralls, Knox, and Shelby Counties, MO.
- Harvest Outreach Ministries (Hannibal): Support of the Loaves & Fishes program, distributing take-home meals in collaboration with Hannibal Nutrition Center.
- Horizons (Quincy): Support of the soup kitchen and food pantry.
- Quanada (Quincy): Shelter services for domestic violence victims compliant with social distancing orders.
- Salvation Army of Quincy: Shelter services compliant with social distancing orders and emergency food distribution.
- United Way of Adams County: Support of the Adams County Coronavirus Relief Fund, supporting unmet financial needs of individuals and families.
- Cornerstone: Foundations for Families (Quincy): Diapers and formula for Healthy Families Illinois First Steps Program.
- Midwest Youth Services (Brown County, Illinois): Homeless Youth Programming in Brown County, Illinois; including food, shelter, clothing and hygiene items.
- OATS Transit (Northeast Missouri): Transportation costs and cleaning supplies for essential transportation.
- The Child Center, Inc. (Hannibal): General and program support for victims of child abuse, including a new online social media dangers training program for parents/guardians.
- Barry Food Pantry (Barry, Illinois): Support for food purchase and transportation costs.
- LaHarpe CUSD #347: Assistance providing food for students residing in the LaHarpe School District.
- Memorial Hospital Foundation (Carthage, Illinois): Assistance for tents and tech to support curbside nurse visits.
- Two Rivers Regional Council of Public Officials (Quincy): Support of individual assistance for food, housing and utilities.
- Adams County Health Department: Laptop computer for emergency preparedness manager to deliver COVID-19 education and programming remotely.
- Carl Sandburg College Foundation: Student crisis grants for students experiencing job loss due to COVID-19.
- Dallas City CUSD #327: Feeding students during COVID-19 school closure.
- FaithWalk Ministry (Paris, Missouri): Support for the food pantry.
- Lutheran Church of St. John (Quincy): Support for the food pantry and individual utility assistance.
- Mental Health Center of Western Illinois: Technology to provide virtual counseling during shelter in place orders.
- YMCA of Hannibal: Emergency childcare for essential workers.
Further information about the grants, eligibility, and application process can be found here.