Receive custom severe storm warnings that pinpoint the threat to you? Many counties in the KRCG viewing area are 1,000 square miles or larger. Many times the dangerous storm is often less than 200 square miles. In the past, severe weather warnings were issued for entire counties creating uncertainty as to the exact location of the threat. The National Weather Service now uses a much more precise method to define a warning area called STORM-BASED WARNINGS that reduce the size of a warning area by an average of 75 percent.
StormVision WeatherCall uses this new method to determine a warning area with robust emergency telephone notification. Using computerized GIS mapping, WeatherCall matches the danger area defined by the National Weather Service with your address. If your address is within the danger area of the weather warning, KRCG 13 Chief Meteorologist, Zach Paul will deliver the warning message to the phone numbers you register, and also send you an email if you provide one.
What You Should Know Before Subscribing
A small investment can mean big peace of mind, especially when you're sleeping. WeatherCall is a very precise storm warning service, which costs only $9.95 per year to subscribe. When you register, your home or business will be assigned a latitude/longitude value which is stored in the WeatherCall computers, along with your telephone numbers and email addresses (if you have them).
- You may register up to 3 telephone numbers and 3 email addresses for each location.
- You may register land line or cell phone numbers.
- You may have the warning sent to a digital cell phone via SMS text messaging.
- You MUST provide a PHYSICAL STREET ADDRESS. Our system cannot locate Post Office Boxes, Mail Stops, Rural Routes, etc.
- You will receive Tornado warnings.
- You may also choose to receive Severe Thunderstorm phone calls and/or emails, and Flash Flood warnings via email and SMS text messaging.
If you do not use credit cards, you may print a manual registration form. Complete the application and mail with a certified check or money order made out to WeatherCall (we do no accept personal checks, sorry):
P.O. Box 472
Parker, CO 80134
If you need help with your account, please contact WeatherCall
by phone at 800-260-6695 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.