Macomb schools closed Monday after minor fire
Mon, 07 May 2012 10:50:09 GMT —
UPDATED: May 8 at 6 a.m.
Classes for students in the Macomb School District resume Tuesday.
This after a small fire early Monday in a maintenance closet in one of the modular buildings at Edison School.
According to the McDonough County Voice, the fire sparked due to combustibles stored too closely to a water heater.
Due to some smoke and water damage, two fourth-grade classrooms will move to the main Edison building for the remainder of the school year.
Original Story: May 7
Classes for students in the Macomb School District are cancelled Monday, May 7 after a minor fire.
Superintendent Dr. Alene Reuschel says the fire sparked aroud 4 a.m. in a maintenance closet in one of the modular buildings at Edison School.
Firefighters responded to alarms and put out the fire quickly, but there still is some smoke and water damage.
Dr. Reuschel says classes will be canceled Monday to allow staff to clean-up and reorganize classes for the coming days.
We'll have more on this story as it develops.