69
      Sunday
      85 / 68
      Monday
      86 / 72
      Tuesday
      93 / 74

      Smoke detector saves Quincy family from fire

      A detector woke the couple up to smoke in their house at 2410 Hampshire.


      A Quincy couple found out early Tuesday morning why having a working smoke detector in your home is so important.


      A detector went off just after three o'clock which woke the couple up to smoke in their house at 2410 Hampshire.


      A dehumidifier had caught fire in the basement.


      Fire crews had the fire out within minutes of arriving.


      No one was hurt, but the Red Cross was called to help the couple.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER