90
      Thursday
      93 / 70
      Friday
      92 / 70
      Saturday
      92 / 71

      Quincy residents safe after early morning house fire

      Firefighters at the home of 6th Street in Quincy.

      Fire investigators say a fire broke out in a Quincy home early Tuesday morning due to electrical problems.

      Quincy Assistant Fire Chief James Pioch says the fire at 613 South 6th Street was contained to the master bedroom in the immediate area of a space heater where other electronics were also being used at the time. The rest of the house suffered smoke and heat damage.

      Firefighters arrived just before 3:30 Tuesday morning to flames coming from the first and second floor.

      Jennifer King and her daughter were able to get out safely before fire crews arrived on scene. King's son was not at home at the time. Due to the home's smoke and heat damage, Pioch says the Adams County Red Cross chapter was called in to help find the family an alternative place to stay.