Programming your Alert-Works weather radio
Thu, 08 Mar 2012 05:13:18 GMT —
By following these simple steps, you can program your Alert-Works weather radio for your counties "S.A.M.E. Code".
Your Alert Works weather radio comes preprogrammed to receive National Weather Service weather and hazard alert transmissions for all S.A.M.E. county codes within range. If this is what you want, leave the radio set to "ANY" in the "S.A.M.E. SET" options.
To program a S.A.M.E. county code:
1. Press MENU button to open menu options.
2. Press UP directional arrow to scroll through menu options until "S.A.M.E. SET" is displayed; then press SELECT.
3. Press UP directional arrow to scroll through "SINGLE", "MULTIPLE", or "ANY."
4. Display "SINGLE," then press SELECT. "S.A.M.E. 01" will be displayed.
5. Press SELECT. Using the UP directional arrow, find the first digit of your S.A.M.E. county code. Press RIGHT directional arrow to save the digit and automatically advance to the next digit.
6. Program all digits of your S.A.M.E. county code in the same way.
7. Press SELECT to store your S.A.M.E. county code. Press MENU to close the programming menu.
for a complete list of the codes.
Find the codes here online.