The Palmyra City Council recognized Lt. Mark Heidbreder and Devin Nelson Thursday night for saving a woman's life last weekend.
Darlene Von Thun's home caught on fire last Saturday.
After hearing reports of hearing screams for help inside the home, the volunteer firefighters entered the home to find Von Thun trapped inside.
The woman was unconscious on her bedroom floor, with the smoke alarm ringing above.
"The honor is great," Lt. Mark Heidbreder said. "It's more for the fire department as a whole, not just individual people. If it hadn't been for everybody in this department, it wouldn't have been possible to do what we did the other day."
Von Thun's son told KHQA his mom's still in the burn unit at University Hospital in Columbia where she's doing well and getting better every day.