73
      Tuesday
      91 / 70
      Wednesday
      91 / 71
      Thursday
      90 / 71

      Palmyra business destroyed in undetermined fire

      Palmyra Fire Chief Gary Crane told KHQA he believes it was probably electrical and started in the back room where all the electrical boxes were located.

      The cause of a Sunday morning fire that left a Palmyra business destroyed has now been dubbed undetermined.

      The State Fire Marshall's Office was unable to label the cause because of the extent of the damage.

      Palmyra Fire Chief Gary Crane told KHQA he believes it was probably electrical and started in the back room where all the electrical boxes were located.

      Fire crews were called to Wil-Do Deals around 6 a.m. after a patrol car spotted smoke coming out of the building. Flames later spread to the attic and the roof collapsed.

      Hannibal fire was eventually called in for mutual aid. Crews were on scene until 3 p.m.

      The building is a total loss.

      Crane says it's more than 60 years old and is owned by Ed and Theresa Dent.

      The property next door did not recieve damage.

      Doug Drebenstedt with Wil-Do Deals told KHQA that the business is in the process of getting another building lined up and they will operate out of their warehouse for the time being.