MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Overnight house fire in Hannibal

House fire on West Ely Road in Hannibal. Photo by: Cory McCubbin.

A family of three escaped an early morning house fire on Wednesday in Hannibal.

Hannibal Rural Fire Protection District Chief, Mike Dobson says the fire started in a chandelier in the attic of the home at 4802 West Ely Road around 4:00.

He says the wiring caught fire, which caused the chandelier to fall from the ceiling.

That sound woke the residents up, and they were able to get out safely.

Craig Walker, Cardion James, and and infant were sleeping at the time.

The fire was contained mostly to the attic.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending