86
      Thursday
      93 / 70
      Friday
      92 / 70
      Saturday
      92 / 71

      Northside Quincy fire

      Fire department crews responded to a house fire on Quincy's north side early Sunday night.

      Authorities say two people were home at the time but they were able to get out when neighbors alerted them.

      The fire at 2317 Northridge Drive broke out around 3:55 p.m.

      When the first fire truck arrived on the scene, there was heavy smoke coming from the attic.

      Crews were able to put the fire out in less than ten minutes.

      The fire has been ruled accidental. It began when the flue potion of the chimney caught on fire and that fire then spread to the attic.

      The rest of the house was not damaged.