The following is a press release:
Recently, the TNT Action Sports Community Disbursement Fund Committee voted to donate funds to area causes.
On Wednesday, December 22nd, various members of The Committee were on hand at TNT Action Sports, 5101 Oak in Quincy, to present those funds to area receipients. This year, The Committee donated $7,000 to 14 different clubs and organizations in Illinois and Missouri.
Over the years, The Committee has grown as more motorcycle-related groups have become involved with TNT Action Sports and the numerous community activities they are affiliated with. Though operating under different names in the past, this is the 20th year that TNT Action Sports has been affiliated with the disbursement of funds. Since disbursements began, over $125,000 has been donated.
In addition to TNT Action Sports, The Committee is comprised of representatives from local motorcycle groups.
The groups include:
- ABATE (local chapters Great River & Pathfinders of A Brotherhood Aimed Toward Education) represents the rights of motorcycle, scooter and ATV riders
- CMA (local Chapter 840 Mississippi Valley Spoke-N-Word of Christian Motorcyclists Association) provides Christian support and fellowship for all motorcyclists in Hannibal, Quincy and surrounding areas
- GWRRA (local Chapter N of Gold Wing Road Rider TMs Association) represents owners of Honda Gold Wings in Quincy, Illinois and Northeast Missouri area
- HOG (local River Roads Chapter 912 of Harley Owner TMs Group) represents Harley-Davidson owners in Northeast Missouri, West Central Illinois area and Southeast Iowa
- TRIKE RIDERS is a group comprised primarily of trike riders, however, they allow all makes and models and ride for fun
- TNT ACTION SPORTS is the local dealer for Harley-Davidson motorcycles and trikes, Honda motorcycles, ATVs, MUVs, watercraft and scooters, plus, a variety of pre-owned motorcycles, etc.
Most of this year TMs recipients, and The Committee members, have volunteered at a TNT event. While TNT hosts a variety of events open to the public, the main events where volunteers are encouraged to participate are at Parrothead Bike Night & Street Dance - and also Blues in the Park. And in addition to activities sponsored by TNT Action Sports, each motorcycle-related group sponsors and helps fund several of their own events to raise monies for various charitable organizations in Quincy, Hannibal and the surrounding areas.
Donations vary from year to year based upon the various activities and fundraisers held. Over the years, donations have been made to a variety of organizations including, but not limited to: police, fire and ambulance departments, food pantries and children's organizations.
The Committee will accept 2011 applications from Not-For-Profit clubs, organizations and events through November 1st, 2011. Guidelines and applications may be found on TNT's website at www.tnt-actionsports.com.
Please contact TNT with any questions by emailing email@example.com or by stopping by the store at 5101 Oak in Quincy, Illinois (next to Wal-Mart).