94 / 72
      94 / 72
      90 / 70

      Monstrose gas leak evacuates block

      A gas leak in Montrose, Iowa evacuated a neighborhood early Sunday morning.

      Around 5 a.m., Montrose firefighters were called to the 1200 block of Main Street for a loud noise.

      According to Steve Cirinna with Lee County Emergency Management, the noise was determined to be a natural gas leak from a Liberty Utilities substation near that block.

      Technicians responded and shut off the leak.

      There were no injuries.

      Lee County sheriff's deputies also responded to the leak.