Farmers across most of Missouri now are eligible for federal aid as a result of a natural disaster declaration by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Governor Jay Nixon says the declaration means farmers can get emergency loans and other assistance from the USDA's Farm Service Agency.
The disaster declaration applies to 31 counties ... including most in our viewing area.
Emergency loan funds may be used to:
- Restore or replace essential property
- Pay all or part of production costs associated with the disaster year
- Pay essential family living expenses
- Reorganize the farming operation
- Refinance certain debts, excluding real estate
The maximum loan amount for an Emergency loan is $500,000 and farmers should contact their local office or USDA Service Center for more information.
for a location near you.
To sign up for Disaster Assistance Program email updates