Machine shed a total loss after Camp Point hay bale fire
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:59:02 GMT —
A large machine shed near Camp Point continues to smolder Tuesday afternoon after a fire engulfed it in the early morning hours.
Firefighters with Camp Point, Central Adams and Golden fire departments responded to the blaze, at 2287 E. 2300th St. just after 5:30 a.m.
Firefighters suspect hay bales ignited a fire which then spread to a nearby shed, measuring about 160 feet by 80 feet. Flames near a propane tank caused immediate concern for crews on scene, but firefighters were able to contain the blaze without any danger.
No one was injured. The homeowner on site says the shed was insured, but a total loss. The shed housed round hay bales with combines and other tractor equipment.