Lewis Co. 911 to start from scratch in vendor search
Mon, 30 Dec 2013 22:42:48 GMT —
Lewis County 911 must start the search over for a new vendor for its emergency services.
The 911 Board members are concerned that they've been unable to find the income to cover all of the things that need to be done in order to provide 911 services for Lewis County.
Earlier this year, the board began a search for an outside vendor to run they service. Board members turned to Marion County 911 and director Mike Hall.
Last Thursday, a Lewis County judge issued a preliminary injunction stating that the 911 board couldn't enter into an agreement with Marion County 911. A civil lawsuit filed by Sheriff David Parish said that the Lewis County 911 board wasn't conducting business legally and met with Hall illegally behind closed doors. Click here for more about the lawsuit.
As a result of the injunction, the Lewis County 911 must start the process over and accept bids again.
However, the court did not find fault with Lewis County 911.
"The court has the authority to tell 911 you may not move forward based on inappropriate actions, now there has been no determination that those actions were inappropriate," Lewis County 911 attorney James Lemon said.
The next scheduled hearing in the court case is March 7.