83
      Sunday
      95 / 73
      Monday
      91 / 67
      Tuesday
      88 / 71

      Late night fire damages Keokuk apartment

      A charcoal grill is to blame for a Keokuk apartment fire

      Keokuk firefighters say a charcoal grill is to blame for an apartment fire on the city's Southeast side.






      Click here to

      watch submitted video taken by Jennifer Hauff.




      Firefighters were called to a four unit apartment building at 622 Palean Street in Keokuk before midnight to find a balcony and kitchen in an upstairs apartment completely engulfed in flames.


      That apartment sustained major damage. Lesser smoke and water damage was found in the other three apartments.


      Firefighters say all nine people inside the four units got out safely.


      The fire has been ruled an accident.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER