MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Improper wiring causes accidental Burlington house fire

MGN Online

At 4:41 p.m. on Thursday, the Burlington Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 801 S. 12th Street.

Firefighters arrived 4 minutes later to find smoke coming from the eaves and attic space. All occupants had safely evacuated.

Firefighters located a fire that had started in a wall and moved to the attic space. The fire was quickly extinguished.

There were four occupants at home at the time and were alerted to the fire by a passerby seeing smoke coming from the attic. The house sustained smoke and water damage throughout.

There were no working smoke detectors.

The fire was caused by improper electrical wiring and is considered to be accidental.

Twelve Burlington firefighters responded to the fire and were assisted by 6 West Burlington firefighters responding on automatic aid. Superior Ambulance also assisted at the scene. Firefighters remained on the scene until 6:46 PM. There were no injuries.

Trending