91
      Saturday
      94 / 72
      Sunday
      94 / 72
      Monday
      90 / 70

      Improper cooking leads to Hannibal house fire

      Improper cooking started a structure fire in Hannibal Thursday afternoon, according to the Hannibal Fire Department.

      Firefighters responded to the blaze at 700 Lyon Street shortly before 4 p.m.

      Crews were able to extinguish the fire in the kitchen within minutes.

      The people in the home were able to escape without injury.

      The fire department said the home did not have a functioning smoke detector at the time of the blaze.

      The house had moderate smoke damage throughout and moderate fire damage in the kitchen.