71 / 53
      81 / 65
      73 / 49

      House fire at Hannibal residence

      Firefighters in Hannibal responded to a fire at 1805 Chestnut St. Monday.

      The cause of an early morning fire in Hannibal has been ruled accidental.

      The fire broke out around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday morning at 1805 Chestnut.

      Initial reports said that there was someone in the home, but the fire department search did not reveal anyone in the residence.

      A neighboring house at 1803 Chestnut also caught fire because of the proximity.

      At one point firefighters were fighting both fires at the same time.

      The fire department says the accidental fire was electrical in nature.