71
      Saturday
      94 / 72
      Sunday
      94 / 72
      Monday
      87 / 70

      Hannibal residents safe after Monday morning fire

      Hannibal firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour after quickly containing the fire to the kitchen, at 1238 Vermont St.

      Hannibal firefighters spent their early morning hours at a house fire, at 1238 Vermont St., Monday.

      The two residents inside the home managed to get out unharmed as 11 firefighters worked to contain the fire to the kitchen, in the rear of the home.

      The call came in around 1:30 a.m. Monday.

      The Hannibal Fire Department says flames could be seen upon arrival, more than likely started by someone cooking inside the home.

      Firefighters on site said this is a good reason to always make sure you have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen to help minimize any damage during a fire.