Hannibal house total loss after Saturday fire

Hannibal house total loss after large fire on Saturday.

The Missouri fire marshal's office says a fire that destroyed a Hannibal home was an electrical fire.

The Hannibal Fire Department was on the scene of two story house fire for more than five hours on Saturday.

The house was near the intersection of Broadway and Maple and is a total loss.

The fire started on the lower level of the home and spread through the wall into the attic.

KHQA spoke to one of the people who lived in the home, but did not wish to go on camera. He said that he was upstairs on the phone when he looked out the window and saw flames shooting up from the front porch of the home.

The home has a lot of water damage, but the firefighters did manage to save most of the residents belongings.