Hannibal fire engulfs vehicle and Morton building
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:37:24 GMT —
Firefighters in Ralls County responded to a fully engulfed building south of Hannibal Wednesday morning.
Crews from multiple departments were dispatched just after 11:15 a.m. when a vehicle and a Morton building caught fire near Wright Furniture.
Reeves Auto Repair at 11450 Ideal Villa was a total loss.
Owner Dennis Reeves said he was in the shop working on a minivan with an unknown gas leak when it came into contact with a cord and lit the fire. Reeves and an employee attempted to drag the van out of the shop to save the building, but the shop soon caught fire and was a total loss along with the van.
Reeves' house next door was spared.
Heetco Propane is located feet away from the scene of the fire and firefighters watched that situation carefully. No damage was reported to any of the property there.