70 / 48
      74 / 43
      61 / 37

      Fountains Salon fire in Quincy accidental

      The Quincy Fire Department ruled the cause of Monday night's fire at 6th and Hampshire accidental.

      Fire Chief Joe Henning says the fire was electrical in nature caused by a malfunction of a small appliance on the first floor of the building, inside the Fountains Salon and Day Spa.

      Crews responded to a call of heavy smoke and fire inside the building, at 121 N. 6th St., just after 9:30 p.m Monday.

      "At that time, the incident commander called for an additional engine company. They forced their way in, broke the front window and they found heavy smoke. So we escalated to a second alarm at that point," Henning said.

      Henning says that fire was discovered on the main level of the business and quickly extinguished.

      Fire crews determined that there were no occupants living on the second and third floors and nobody in the business at the time of the fire.