94
      Sunday
      95 / 73
      Monday
      89 / 67
      Tuesday
      88 / 71

      Fire engulfs LaGrange, Mo. home

      House fire at 501 West Marion Street in LaGrange on Tuesday night


      Firefighters responded to the scene of a house fire at 501 West Marion Street in LaGrange on Tuesday night.


      The dispatch call came to 911 about 5:40 p.m.


      Tristan Austin called 911 after spotting smoke coming from the house.


      "There were sparks flying," Austin said. "It was hard to breathe because I went down to see if anyone was in the house, and no one answered the door."


      The house was owned by Debbie and Bob Smith. Neither were home at the time that the fire started.


      There were pets in the house, but it's not immediately known if the pets are out of the house.


      The LaGrange Fire Department called for additional assistance from the Canton Fire Department.


      La Grange Fire Captain Henry Gunsauls isn't sure what started the fire or where.


      "Upon arrival, we found the east and south side of the structure fully involved. We're thinking the rear (where the fire started), but we're still investigating," Gunsauls said.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER