79
      Sunday
      86 / 70
      Monday
      88 / 74
      Tuesday
      91 / 74

      Eight people home at the time of Burlington fire

      Firefighters battled a house fire at 517 Pine Street on Saturday until 8:42 p.m.

      The flames had engulfed the back porch and on into the kitchen.

      The home belonged to William and Jane Ward and was home to 8 residents. All 8 were home the night of the fire, but only one person was treated at the scene and transported to GRMC for possible smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

      The damage is estimated at $25,000 for the structure and approximately $12,000 in contents.

      The American Red Cross was called for assistance.

      The cause of fire is thought to be accidental, possibly resulting from improperly discarded smoking material.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER