78
      Wednesday
      92 / 71
      Thursday
      92 / 71
      Friday
      90 / 72

      Early morning kitchen fire in Hannibal ruled accidental

      The Hannibal Fire Department responded to a fire at 420 Smith Street early Thursday morning.

      The Hannibal Fire Department responded to a fire at 420 Smith Street early Thursday morning.

      Firefighters arrived at 2:14 a.m., found the fire in the kitchen and were able to extinguish it within five to 10 minutes of arrival, according to a news release.

      Eight firefighters were on duty and no additional firefighters were called in.

      The Missouri State Fire Marchall's Office was called in to investigate and the fire was found to be accidental and electrical in nature, according to the release.