Crews battle house fire near Coatsburg
Tue, 04 Mar 2014 03:21:01 GMT —
A house on East 1900th Street went up in flames Monday night just outside of Coatsburg.
The Central Adams Fire Department responded to a report of smoke in the attic. When the department arrived, flames were visible.
KHQA was able to confirm the home belonged to Matt and Jane Jibben.
Two occupants were inside the home at the time of the fire and made it out safely.
Adams County Emergency Management Agency Director John Simon said three firefighters were injured when a portion of the home collapsed. They were treated on the scene and taken to Blessing Hospital in Quincy.
According to Simon on Tuesday, one firefighter was treated and released from Blessing Hospital on Monday night while the other two were admitted and are in good condition.
The Central Adams Fire Protection District was assisted by the Camp Point Fire Protection District, Liberty Fire Protection District, Clayton Fire Protection District, Adams County EMS and the Adams County Sheriff's Department. The American Red Cross arrived on scene shortly after.
John Simon said crews remained on the scene of the fire until after 2 a.m. addressing hot spots. He estimated 60 firefighters were on the scene.
The State Fire Marshall's office will visit the scene on Tuesday, Simon said.