66
      Sunday
      86 / 70
      Monday
      88 / 74
      Tuesday
      91 / 74

      Couple discovered dead in camper


      A Pike County, Missouri couple is dead after an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.


      Howard O. Stout, 49, and Theresa A. Stout, 48, died inside their small camper near 4618 Pike 15 Frankford, Mo. sometime Wednesday night or Thursday morning.


      Pike County Sheriff Stephen Korte reports that the deaths were believed to have been caused by a malfunctioning portable propane heater that was not designed for use in closed spaces.


      Pike County Coroner Jim Turner did not order an autopsy.


      The Stouts were taken to the Mudd-Veach Funeral Home.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER