77
      Saturday
      94 / 73
      Sunday
      94 / 73
      Monday
      88 / 72

      Cause of Hannibal apartment fire accidental

      The Hannibal Fire Department determined the cause of an apartment fire Saturday afternoon as an accident due to electrical wiring.

      Fire crews responded to a structure fire around 3 p.m., at 211 Dowling St., where they found heavy smoke coming from the eaves of the building.

      Crews contained the fire to one apartment of the three in the apartment building in about 10 minutes. The upstairs apartment sustained some fire and smoke damage while the two lower apartments sustained minor water damage.

      Firefighters remained on scene till 6 p.m. for overhaul and investigation. ??

      The house was occupied at the time of the fire, but everyone had evacuated upon the fire departments arrival. There were no injuries.