Beat the burn: Sizzling sunburn remedies
We lather up our skin with sunscreen and wear light colored clothing ... most of the time. But it only takes a few unprotected minutes under the scorching summer sun for your fragile skin to feel the burn.
Kathy Haycraft, a certified dermatology nurse practitioner with
, shares some helpful tips to alleviate the sting after a sunburn.
- DO NOT use lotions or creams that have alcohol in the contents
- DO NOT use lotions or creams that have "caine" in them such as
- DO NOT use aloe from an "at home" aloe plant
- Taking a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen
- Using cool compresses on the burned skin
- Drink a lot of water
Let us know on our
KHQA Facebook page
what you were doing when you got the worst sunburn. We can compare horror stories!