4th annual Kare Day comes to the K of C BBQ
A special group of people had a chance to enjoy the carnival Thursday before the Knights of Columbus BBQ opened to the public.
"This is my second year," says Nick, a member of Transitions.
Nick has been looking forward to Kare Day.
"Ever since I heard about it."
His favorite part is the rides.
"The merry go round, the mega dragon, the slide," explains Nick.
Nick is a member of Transitions, the orginization invited to enjoy a day at the carnival.
"Our clients who have intellectual disabilities have been invited out by the Knights of Columbus for the carnival," says Michelle Obert, a coordinator at Transitions.
And something a little different for this crew - flashing lights, noise and crowds - all at a minimum.
"The BBQ is all weekend and we always think that everybody goes to the BBQ, well if this wasn't offered to them they probably wouldn't come out here," says Obert.
"I got a t-shirt, it was given to us to wear at this KC BBQ," Nick says.
As Nicks said, they all got a free t-shirt, plus 10 dollars to spend on food and games AND unlimited free rides.
Below is the carnival schedule and prices:
- Thursday, August 10 - Armband night 6:00 - 10 p.m. $15.00 in advance, $18.00 on site
- Friday, August 11 - Regular prices 5:00 p.m. - Midnight
- Saturday August 12 - $1.00 rides 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 12 - Regular price 5:00 p.m. - Midnight
- Sunday, August 13 - $1.00 rides Noon to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 13 - Regular price 4:00 p.m. till close
For more details visit quincykofc.org