KHQA picked up on an internet
and made it our own. It's called the Harlem Shake.
We call it "khQa Harlem Shake" because we were hit by Winter Storm Q on Thursday, Feb. 21.
this top ten compilation of Harlem Shake videos
on YouTube and decided to make it our own. Notice the first of the videos is a Charlie Brown Harlem Shake.
There are rules to making your own video ... you just can't go out and start dancing.
Here are the rules according to
out of Evansville, IN:
- Find the song â??Harlem Shakeâ?? by Baauer.
- The number of people donâ??t matter, but the more the merrier.
- The video starts with one person and they must be wearing a helmet or mask.
- Only the person wearing the mask dances for the first 15 seconds, everyone else goes about their business like nothing is happening.
- Everyone goes completely nuts-o after the lyric, â??â?¦and do the Harlem Shakeâ?? and the beat drops. This goes on for another 15 seconds.
- Props. Props. Props. Whatever you can grab for the final 15 seconds to make it as ridiculous as possible.
- No fancy video editing. The abrupt jump-cut between the two videos is what makes it work.
Want to know where this meme came from?
the complete story on "...How the 'Harlem Shake' Went Viral."
Special shout out to our sister station CNY Central who did their own video here.
If you want a fall-out-of-your-seat laugh, check out this video of a retirement community Harlem Shake.
One more for good measure ... watch this
Pepsi Max Harlem Shake
and note the guy down front with the air hose. Hilarious.
What do you think of our efforts? Do you have a favorite Harlem Shake video? Tell us all about it below in the comment section or on our
Facebook page here