Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:43:08 GMT — Sample resume: Courtesy of Western Illinois University Career Services. Find more sample resumes at www.careers.wiu.edu . Click here for related stories JOHN M. SMITHCampus Address: 123 Main Street - Macomb, Illinois 61455 - (309) 111-1111Permanent Address: 9898 South Western Avenue - Chicago, Illinois 60608 - (312) 222-2222 email@example.com
EDUCATION Bachelor of Science in Education - Elementary Education - May 2009
Western Illinois University - Macomb, Illinois - NCATE Institution
Endorsements: (K-8) Language Arts, Social Science, and Mathematics
Overall GPA: 3.3/4.0 Major GPA: 3.7/4.0
Student Teacher - Lincoln Elementary School - Macomb, Illinois - Spring 2009
- Provided instruction in all-subject areas to 20 3rd grade students, including BD and LD students.
- Created and implemented lesson plans adhering to the Illinois Learning Standards.
- Utilized the Accelerated Theory to promote self-discipline, positive self-esteem and socialization skills.
- Conducted parent/teacher conferences to assess the student TMs learning and progress.
Pre-Student Teacher - Ingesoll Middle School - Canton, Illinois - Fall 2008
- Provided instruction in Mathematics to 12 special needs students (LD & BD) in a self-contained classroom.
- Taught all subject areas to 25 students in 5 separate sections.
- Developed a World Tour intra-disciplinary unit, participated in team meetings, and established a Parent Night.
Pre-Student Teacher - Edison Middle School - Macomb, Illinois - Spring 2008
- Provided instruction in all subject areas to 22 4th grade students.
- Developed intra-disciplinary weather & reading units in addition to math & social studies lessons.
Private Tutor - Macomb, Illinois - 2006 to 2008 (part-time)
- Worked one-on-one with a 7th grade student in a tutoring program emphasizing literacy through the America Reads Program.
Teacher TMs Aide - The Little People Developmental Learning Center - Macomb, Illinois - 2006 to 2007 (part-time)
- Assisted in the care of children ages 3 to 10 and with educational and recreational activities.
Bartender - The Icehouse Corporation - Macomb, Illinois - 2006 to 2008 (part-time during school years)
Sales Associate - The Gap - Chicago, Illinois - 2006 to 2007 (seasonal - full and part time)
- Illinois Education Association
- National Education Association
- Kappa Delta Pi ( Education Honor Society)
- Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
- WIU Dean TMs List: 5 semesters
- The Joseph J. Joseph Scholarship Award: all 4 years
- Computers: Microsoft Office (all software programs)
- Languages: Conversational Spanish